Spring is in the air! It is the time for chirping birds, warm sunshine, and blooming flowers. The world is alive and joyful. It is a perfect weekend to celebrate springtime with your loved one in assisted living. Here are 10 springtime activities sure to brighten their day.
- Fill eggs- Gather residents and fill plastic eggs with candy or toys for community or school egg hunts. Decorate with stickers.
- Attend church service or view live online.
- Dye Easter Eggs with grandchildren.
- Decorate Easter Bonnets- Use tissue paper to make colorful flowers, add butterflies, bunnies, or chicks, and tie on ribbons. A perfect craft for an assisted living Easter party!
- Schedule an Easter bunny visit- Whether it is a furry animal or a friend in an oversized costume, it is all in good fun. Take lots of pictures!
- Make a spring snack- Skewer fruit and marshmallow peeps for a simple fun treat. Make a spring “worms and dirt” dessert with crushed chocolate cookies over chocolate pudding. Decorate with gummy worms and serve in a flower pot for fun!
- Paint flowerpots and plant herbs for a windowsill garden.
- Decorate the assisted living facility- String plastic eggs to make colorful garlands, fill vases with spring flowers, display baskets with stuffed bunnies, and lots more!
- Paint bird houses or bird feeders. Fill with seeds and hang outside to attract birds.
- Take a field trip- Nature walk in the park, visit to the local farmer’s market, pick out plants at the plant nursery, or attend a community egg hunt or festival.
The County Health Care Guide wishes you a happy spring! We hope you make lots of precious memories with those you love!
Stayed tuned to the County Health Care Guide Blog to learn more about assisted-living, senior care, senior placement, and important senior news in Volusia County. From Daytona to Port Orange to New Smyrna Beach, the County Health Care Guide is the only resource you need.