Mother’s Day is a time to show your mom just how much you love and appreciate her. The best way to show you care is to spend quality time together, especially when your mom is in assisted living. Whether you are planning a day out or a relaxing afternoon in, there are lots of ways to show your mother how truly special she is.
A Mother’s Day Outing
- Picnic at a garden or waterfront park
- Walk on the beach to collect seashells
- Lunch at a favorite restaurant
- Antique shopping
- Pampering session at the spa
- Movie or play at the theater
A Relaxing Day in
- Order take out from a favorite restaurant
- Bake a dessert together
- Gather paints and a canvas and get creative
- Read a book together
- Bring pampering supplies and have a spa afternoon painting each other’s nails
- Work together on a new puzzle
- Watch a movie together
Bring the Celebration to Assisted Living
Want to get everyone involved at the assisted living facility? It can be as simple as organizing a potluck brunch for families to stop by or as fancy as an afternoon tea party. Here in Volusia County, many of our local assisted living facilities have afternoons planned as special as the moms they are honoring. At Tiffany on the River Assisted Living in New Smyrna Beach, they will be firing up the grill for a lunch fit for a queen: porterhouse steaks, twice baked potatoes, fresh veggies, wine, and a special dessert. https://www.facebook.com/Tiffany-On-the-River-214689568603341/
Here are some other fun ways to bring the celebration to assisted living.
- Ice-cream social- create a toppings bar and have fun building your own desserts
- Movie night- Popcorn and a classic movie
- Plan a painting party- Set up easels with canvases and invite a guest instruction
- Backyard BBQ picnic- fire up the grill and enjoy the warmer weather in the backyard
- Spa Day- Massages, manicures, sparkling drinks, warm towel wraps, and anything else to pamper mom
Happy Mother’s Day from the County Healthcare Guide!
Stayed tuned to the County Health Care Guide Blog to learn more about assisted-living, senior care, senior placement, and important senior news in Volusia County. From Daytona to Port Orange to New Smyrna Beach, the County Health Care Guide is the only resource you need.