Dear Senior Caregiver,
Your kindness, strength, patience, and sacrifice does not go unnoticed. You are appreciated, even on the tough days. Whether caring for seniors in hospice, assisted-living, or home-healthcare, you are so important to our families and communities.
Caregivers give so much to others, but often forget to take time for themselves. Here are 5 ways to de-stress in less than 5 minutes. Take time for you!
- Hydrate- Pour yourself a glass of water and take a break. Just one glass of water can improve brain function, increase your energy, flush out toxins, prevent a headache, and lift your mood.
2. Crank up the music- Turn on your favorite song or radio station, and have a quick dance party. Let go of the stress and be in the moment. You deserve some fun in your day!
3. Get some old-fashioned fresh air and vitamin D- A quick walk and some sunshine can work wonders of your moral. Clear your mind, take deep breathes, feel the sunshine, and listen to nature.
4. Brain purge- Get a piece of paper and write down as quickly as possible what is weighing you down. Get it out of your brain and onto the paper. Write until you brain is clear and you can refocus.
5. Breathe- Find a quiet place for calm breathing and meditation. Close your eyes and count up to 10 and back down to 1. Relax your neck and shoulders and breathe the stress away.
Stayed tuned to the County Health Care Guide Blog to learn more about assisted-living, senior care, senior placement, and important senior news in Volusia County. From Daytona to Port Orange to New Smyrna, the County Health Care Guide is the only resource you need!