• Contact Us
  • Professional Portal
  • Login
☰ Menu

Senior Health Care Tag Page 2


Articles associated with this tag:

FirstBack1234NextLast11-20 of 71
Stroke Prevention- 4 Lifestyle Changes to Reduce your Risk
Stroke Prevention- 4 Lifestyle Changes to Reduce your Risk Wed, Sep 27, 2017 When it comes to reducing your chances of having a stroke, there are many factors out of your control. Gender, age, and family history are just a few of the risk factors that you can do nothing about. The good news is there are some lifestyle changes... Read More

Apps to Coordinate Family Caregiving
Apps to Coordinate Family Caregiving Tue, Aug 29, 2017 Many families have decided to use the team approach to caregiving to help ease the work load. Team caregiving requires excellent communication skills among family members, as well as a good system for coordinating efforts. There are several apps avai... Read More

10 Tips for Managing Your Medication
10 Tips for Managing Your Medication Tue, Aug 22, 2017 Did you know only 45% of seniors take their medication correctly? According to the Department of Health and Human Services, the other 55% are “non-compliant” with following their doctor’s orders for how to take their medication. Taking medication inc... Read More

Senior Bathing Do's and Don’ts
Senior Bathing Do's and Don’ts Fri, Aug 18, 2017 Bathing can often be a source of contention between family caregivers and their senior loved one. Here are some bathing do’s and don’ts that will take the stress and tension out of bath time for both the caregiver and their senior loved one. Read More

Detecting Alzheimer’s with Peanut Butter?!
Detecting Alzheimer’s with Peanut Butter?! Sat, Aug 12, 2017 As unusual as it sounds, researchers at the University of Florida may have found an inexpensive and noninvasive way to test for the Alzheimer’s disease, and it involves using peanut butter. Alzheimer’s is typically diagnosed through a PET scan or spi... Read More

Losing a Client in the Right Way
Losing a Client in the Right Way Mon, Aug 07, 2017 How do you lose a client from the home care agency in the right way? This is a question Plan Life Care faced recently. After all the expectations are that, a senior that needs home care services will continue to need those services. The traditional w... Read More

Television and Seniors: The Surprising Truth
Television and Seniors: The Surprising Truth Thu, Aug 03, 2017 A study found that seniors watch more television than any other age group- about 3 times more to be exact. While that news isn’t too hard to believe considering the extra time seniors have in retirement to do with what they please and increased physi... Read More

Communication Tips for Alzheimer’s
Communication Tips for Alzheimer’s Sun, Jul 30, 2017 Just as the symptoms of Alzheimer’s varies from one person to the next, communication skills do as well. As the disease progresses, you can expect to see a person’s ability to communicate decline. It will be challenging for your loved one to express ... Read More

VA Aid and Attendance Qualification
VA Aid and Attendance Qualification Thu, Jul 20, 2017 VA Aid and Attendance (A&A) benefit is an excellent source of funding for Veterans and their spouses, that need help with activities of daily living (ADLs). It can be applied to home care or assisted living facilities. Technically it is possible to q... Read More

Meals on Wheels in Volusia County: Your Questions Answered
Meals on Wheels in Volusia County: Your Questions Answered Tue, Jul 18, 2017 The Meals on Wheels Program steps in to ensure that Volusia County seniors have access to nutritious meals. Proper nutrition is not only essential for seniors' health, but also for their ability to remain independently living at home for as long as p... Read More

FirstBack1234NextLast11-20 of 71

Popular tags on this blog

Aging | Alzheimer's | Assisted-living | Caregiver | Daytona Beach Assisted-Living | Family | Health and Wellness | Healthy Eating | Home Health Care | New Smyrna Beach Assisted-Living | Port Orange Assisted-Living | Senior |